February 19, 2013

Artwork and Gray Floor Tile Options

Over the last few days, I have been catching up on little bits of this and that.

I have a bridal shower this weekend for a friend of our family, so my sister and I have been working on getting ready for that.  We are in charge of the desserts part of the shower, which frankly is my utmost favorite part!  I have also made quite a few printables and have to make the cake, cookies, and truffles for it so I will share all of the photos after the shower, in case the bride-to-be peeks in and reads this.  ;-) 

On the DIY front, Dustin and I have picked up the wood for the kids bathroom project, the 3 shower curtains have been hemmed and sewn together to create two really long ones.  Now to figure out if I can find a plastic liner online that is as long as the shower curtains or as close to it as I can get.  If you by chance know of anywhere that sells longer shower curtain liners please share your wisdom.

Last night, I went on www.art.com to order the artwork for the kids bathroom and they are currently having a 20% off Sale through tomorrow the 20th so I went ahead and purchased it.


With the discount I got the 25 x25 in. print for around $43.  I really wanted to get the stretched canvas print, but for the 24 x 24 canvas it is $189 and I don't have it in my budget to go that high for the artwork, so when it arrives, I will be doing a little DIY mod podge canvas treatment to give it a similar look.  I love the saying on it:  Dreams Are DIY Projects.  Out of a few options, my kids picked this one for their bathroom.  They are absorbing our DIY lifestyle :0)

Another thing I did last night was hum and ha over tile for the house.  I want the tile to be the same style in the mudroom as well as the bathrooms and laundry room.  I love the 12 x 24 for the mudroom and the smaller tile for the other spaces, but choosing just the right one to go with what I envision in my head is the hard part.   Oh and whatever I choose has gotta be cheap!

 Here are my tile choices...


I am leaning towards the Avila Ceramic Tile in Gris Porcelain or the Mitte Gray Glazed Porcelain.  Do you have a fav out of the bunch?
 
Now I am off to choose the exact Navy blue that I will be painting my kids bathroom cabinet with.  Be back soon to see what you think of the ones I find!
 
 
 
If you enjoyed this post and don't want to miss out ;-) click up top there on the right and follow along!
 
 
For information on my on-line design services, please click here.
 
 
For on-site design services {Greater Hampton Roads and Richmond Virginia}, please email seasideinteriors01@gmail.com for pricing and availability.
 
Seaside Interiors







2 comments:

  1. I think I like the Avila better. It looks like it has a little more variation to it, looks a little more natural I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is just something about the Avila that I keep gravitating too . I totally agree about the variations in the tile!

    ReplyDelete